Effective Monday, July 3rd, the City of Alamo Heights has declared Stage 3 Water Restrictions. These are changes mandated by order of the Edwards Aquifer Authority.
Landscaping Watering (using automatic or manual irrigation systems) is permitted only once EVERY OTHER week between hours 7:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. The last number of your address determines what day you are able to water. You may water once during the week of July 3rd and it is a non-watering week during the week of July 10th.
You may use drip irrigation, soaker hose, or bucket (5-gallon or less container) during any day of the week but only between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. A hand-held hose may be used any day of the week at any time.
Filling new pools is prohibited unless at least 30% of the water is obtained from a source other than the Edwards Aquifer. Refilling of existing pools is only allowed if the pool has been drained for repairs and at least 30% of the water is obtained from a source other than the Edwards Aquifer. Newly planted landscape. May qualify for a three‐week variance from the stage III one‐day‐every‐other‐week watering schedule.
All restrictions are still in place:
- Wasting water is prohibited at all times. Do not allow water to run off into the street, drain or ditch. Repair all leaks.
- Do not use water to wash an impervious outdoor ground covering such as a parking lot, driveway, street or sidewalk, unless for health or safety reasons.
- Restaurants and other eating establishments are prohibited from serving water to customers except upon request of the customer.
- At least 25% of all non-public swimming pools’ surface area must be covered with evaporation screens when not being utilized. Inflatable pool toys or floating devices may be used.
- Washing of vehicles or other equipment at a residence is only allowed during their designated watering day. Water is not allowed to run into the street.
- Charity car washes are prohibited except at commercial car wash that recycles at least 75% of the water it uses or that is certified as a conservation car wash.
- Ornamental outdoor fountains are not to be utilized unless the water is recycled and the only additional water used is to compensate for loss due to evaporation.